Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Well On Our Way

Spring can be hit or miss in New Hampshire and I think most of us would agree that this one has been mostly miss. Fields flooded, farmers worried, and if you took your car down our dirt road earlier this season you were likely to sink out of sight. After almost two weeks solid of rainy weather it's a wonder we didn't all just declare the whole weekend a holiday (and yesterday too!) just to sit and soak up some well deserved sunshine.

But now it's here (can you see my fingers crossed?). The cows are pastured, the gardens are planted, the switch has been flicked and we are well on our way to a beautiful New England summer.

And I am sooo looking forward to everything this summer will bring!

There will be fresh lettuce, tomatoes, and strawberries. Jams and jellies and pickles. Hot days on the hay-wagon, and thunderstorms watched from the front porch. There will be bike rides and boat rides and ice cream. There will be pots pots pots. And weddings! There will be the weddings of some of the most wonderful people I know.

What can I say? I'm tickled! And I can barely hold my excitement.

Can you?







No comments:

Post a Comment